Power Pivot and Power BI
The best-selling guide to Power Pivot
Expanded 2nd edition - now in full color!
- 308 Pages
- Publisher: Holy Macro! Books
- ISBN: 978-1-61547-039-6
- PDF ISBN: 978-1-61547-226-0
Power Pivot for Excel and its close cousin Power BI Desktop are Microsoft's tightly-related pair of revolutionary analytical tools - tools that are fundamentally changing the way organizations work with data. We have repeatedly witnessed the 'Power tools' transformative impact on the bottom line - far more robust and elegant than Excel alone, and much more agile and affordable than traditional BI tools. Their shared state of the art calculation engines (DAX and M) turn any PC into an analytical supercomputer, but the real secret is people - these tools are 100% learnable by today's users of Excel. The data revolution lays not in the hands of an elite few, but in YOUR hands, and we want to help you seize that opportunity.
- 1- A Revolution Built on YOU
- 2- What Version of PowerPivot Should You Use?
- 3- Learning PowerPivot 'The Excel Way'
- 4- Loading Data Into PowerPivot
- 5- Intro to Calculated Columns
- 6- Introduction to DAX Measures
- 7- The 'Golden Rules' of DAX Measures
- 8- CALCULATE() - Your New Favorite Function
- 9- ALL() - The ìRemove a Filterî Function
- 10- Thinking in Multiple Tables
- 11- 'Intermission' - Taking Stock of Your New Powers
- 12- Disconnected Tables
- 13- Introducing the FILTER() Function, and Disconnected Tables Continued
- 14- Introduction to Time Intelligence
- 15- IF(), SWITCH(), BLANK(), and Other Conditional Fun
- 16- SUMX() and Other X ('Iterator') Functions
- 17- Multiple Data Tables
- 18- Time Intelligence with Custom Calendars: Advanced Use of FILTER()
- 19- Performance: How to keep things running fast
- 20- Advanced Calculated Columns
- 21- The Final Transformation: One Click That Will Change Your Life Forever
- A1- Further Proof That the Game is Changing
- A2- So Much Power, So Little Space: Further Capabilities
- A3- Four Common Error Messages
- A4- People: The Most Powerful Feature of PowerPivot