Can't save as XLAM in Excel 2016

Javinon

I've spent forever searching for a solution to this, I only found one other person with the same problem (here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/983275-xlam-not-available-excel-2016-a.html) but a solution was never reached. Any idea what would cause the option to save as an add-in to disappear? I have add ins on another computer with Excel 2016 that work fine, I want to use them on this computer so I sent the macros saved as XLSM files to myself over email, downloaded them on this computer and then couldn't find the option from the "save as" dropdown to save them as XLAM files.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
If you already have the add-ins on another machine, why not copy them across, rather than re-creating them?

Upvote 0
Ensure your Addin is not hidden or blocked

N.B. With any of the Add-Ins with recent versions of Windows, you may need to "unblock" the file. In Windows Explorer, find the file, right-click, Properties, General tab, tick the 'Unblock' box down near the bottom ..

Upvote 0
If you already have the add-ins on another machine, why not copy them across, rather than re-creating them?

The last time I did this process of getting the macros on another computer, my boss showed me to do it this way, so I assumed copying over the XLAM files wasn't an option. I would have tried that now, but...

Ensure your Addin is not hidden or blocked

N.B. With any of the Add-Ins with recent versions of Windows, you may need to "unblock" the file. In Windows Explorer, find the file, right-click, Properties, General tab, tick the 'Unblock' box down near the bottom ..

Thank you, this solved my issue. Never would have found that myself!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back