Creating a Gantt Chart in Excel using conditional formatting

HACZN12

To Whom itConcerns,

I’m trying to create a Gantt chart which would look something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00s5efQWrgU&t=41s

However I’ve designed mine around projects rather than tasks, and each projecthas a start, forecast completion and actual completion date.

The linedisplayed should be
Green if bothStart and Actual Completion dates have been provided; Currently I’ve puttogether the following formula:
=AND(M$4>=$E6,M$4<=$G6+6)
Blue if Startand Forecast Dates have been provided, and the forecast date is after or in thefuture from TODAYs date (and no actual date has been provided) ; Currently I’veput together the following formula:

=AND(M$4>=$E6,M$4<=$F6+6,$G6=0)
Red if Start and Forecast Dates have been provided, and theforecast date is prior to TODAYs date (and no actual date has been provided) ; Currently I’ve puttogether the following formula:
=AND(M$4>=$E6,M$4<=TODAY()+6,TODAY()+6>=$F6,$F6>0,$G6=0)
I wanted to dothis via conditional formatting but I’m also open to having a nested ifstatement which merges all three of these statements and displays “1” if the lineis supposed to be green, 2 if the line is supposed to be Blue, 3 if the line issupposed to be red. I can then base the conditional formatting upon theninstead.
And No Line ifno forecast or actual date has been input.
At the momentonly the green line works correctly, the other two lines (red and blue) don’t seemto appear where applicable..

Any Help wouldbe very much appreciated.

Let me know ifyou require more info,

Many Thanks

HaczN12

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayo4dgacorbanget

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back