Custom Fill Color Tool with Specific Colors and Associated Hot Keys

stowz

Hi Everyone,

Long time Excel user who recently started a new job that involves lots of formatting with various company specific colors. I want be able to insert each of the colors to various cells quickly...ideally with just a couple key strokes. Thus my thought process was to create a tool similar to Excel's native "Fill Color" tool but my tool would have my company's custom set of colors on it AND the associated hotkeys for each color (which the native Fill Color does not). This away, I could assign the new tool to the QAT and be able to press "Alt 1 ..." and have numerous colors at my selection.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for trying to figure out how to do this? One of the problems I'm having is getting custom icons for each color into Excel because my company won't allow me to download any outside software. Also, I would like to define the colors by their RGB code.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back