Date Input determining Save Location

skoorBmaS

Hi Everyone! Sorry if the title doesn't make sense, I couldn't think of another way of describing what I am trying to achieve here. Currently, I am trying to create a UserForm which shall be used to log workers hours. I have a working copy, however when the user clicks save, the data is added to the next line within my data tab. As a result, If the user is entering workers hours for last week, the data will be inserted at the bottom of the list within the data tab.

Preferably, I would like the data to input into a certain location within the sheet dependent on what date is selected. For an example of this, please see the picture below.

https://imgur.com/Go76TCo

As you can see here, this was the previous version of this sheet I was using. The column states what the date is and the row is for each worker. With this user form, I would ideally like it to detect the date and fill in the corresponding cells. E.g. if 29-Sep-18 was selected, the form shall populate the data into column 958. If 30-Sep-18 was selected, the data would populate into column 968.

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back