Excel 2016 crashes

saradizzle

I am using Excel 2016 on my work computer and we have a shared file that my boss and I have created. Yesterday, the macro was working fine and you could open it and make changes to it but since then if you try to open the macro it crashes excel. I can open macros and edit them on all other excel files. A list of problems that crashes the program: ALT + F8, View -> Macros, UserForm, Class Module, Tools-> Module, Developer -> Macros, Insert -> Module. I can only open and edit the macro if I use ALT + F11 or use Developer -> Visual Basic. I have tried to go into the developer -> Macro Security then disable all macros with notification, disable trust locations, and disable trust documents even on a separate workbook and that didn't change anything.
I have also tried to recompile the macro and that doesn't work either. I have also tried to add a new sheet to the existing workbook and save the file and that also crashes the program

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back