Fill Template with student Grades

EODAndy

Hello,

I was wondering if it were possible to fill a template that I have with individual student grades. I have the template that gets hand written but is it possible to enter a students last name and the grades auto fill into the template one at a time for review? also is it possible to input grades and it fill in the appropriate area on my spreadsheet?

there are 8 tests (1 per row) that are taken with the template being date taken, attempt, version, and grade in respective columns A-D

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Simple answer is Yes. Without seeing what you have and the criteria you have set, no further help can be offered as your request is to general.

Upvote 0
on the template; column A is labeled with the respective dates the tests were taken. B is the exam name, C is the Attempt # (only 2 per test), D is the version they took, and E is there grade.
each row has the spaces to input data for each attempt, row 2 has exam 1's first attempt followed by row 3 is the second attempt at exam 1. this is duplicated for the other 7 exams that they will take. there is admin data with the students name at the very bottom.

would I be able to enter a students name and there respective data populate? if I entered data would I be able recall the data at a later time?

Upvote 0
would I be able to enter a students name and there respective data populate? if I entered data would I be able recall the data at a later time?

Only if it is already stored in a sheet in your workbook. Then you could use formulas like Vlookup or Index/Match to retrieve the static data.

for tutorials on those go to www.techonthenet.com There is an index of formulas. Look for the those

Upvote 0

I have a work book that I record passing grades in. the workbook has the first row labeled as such; name exam 1, exam 2, and so on. The followingrows after has the students with their grades under each exam. After adding thedate taken, attempt, version, and grade for each exam. How would I be able to specifya certain row to populate? Is it possible to populate data like a mail merge inword? Where I enter a students name in the admin data portion?

Upvote 0
If you are looking to fill in a form and then have Excel place it in the next row, you will either need to do with VBA and a customized form or use an Excel created form. If you are willing to use an Excel created form, then look at this link.

https://www.myexcelonline.com/blog/create-data-entry-form-excel/

If you require a VBA solution, then identify all the fields needed to complete the form. And so on is not a option here, we need to know the specific number of exams for this to work.

BTW: If i were to do this, I would normalize the data in this manner
Data Range
A
B
C
D
Name​
Date​
Exam Nr​
Grade​
John​
3/15/18​
1​
90​
Jim​
3/15/18​
1​
85​
Mary​
3/15/18​
1​
89​
John​
4/10/18​
2​
95​
Jim​
4/10/18​
2​
95​
Mary​
4/10/2018​
2​
85​

<tbody>
</tbody>

In this manner, you can filter by date, or by student or do averages, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back