Formula Autocomplete with display trigger drop down list.

Albert_Villena

Hello Everyone!..

This is a bit challenging for me so i was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I have read lots of threads about DV autocompletion and people wanting to have in it. Well my question is somewhere in the same field.

I have 2 active sheets where one is has a DV based of a source from the other sheet. But the problem with DV is that you have to scroll and look for whatever it is you have listed. What i am trying to do is have my dropdown list function as a "formula dropdown list". To explain that further, notice how you type the = sign in a cell and all the functions/formulas from A to Z pop down on a scoll list? and as you type it automatically filters the functions that match the characters you have entered. That is the exact feature i am trying to copy. Being able to search, match and select a value,text,etc without having to touch my mouse.

I pretty sure its possible due to that capability already being in excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back