Accounting_FLA

So this is my first time posting on here but I was hoping I could get some help with an issue I keep having to deal with and I am sure there is some excel formula that could make this way easier. I am at a client who switched General Ledger software mid year and it's caused some issues. What I am looking to do is pull the account number from the hundred or so tables and put it next to the individual transactions so they can be filtered by account number. Each table has the corresponding accounting number at the top, how would I pull it down and have it update the account number it is placing next to the transactions as the new ones come up?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
10h4kut.png

Upvote 0
Are all the transactions in each table specific to the account number listed at the top? It sounds that way.. and if that is the case, then in A10 and copy down:

=IF(B10<>"",$D$6,"")

Or

=$D$6 and copy down.

If that is not the case, how do you identify which transactions belong to each account?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are all the transactions in each table specific to the account number listed at the top? It sounds that way.. and if that is the case, then in A10 and copy down:

=IF(B10<>"",$D$6,"")

Or

=$D$6 and copy down.

If that is not the case, how do you identify which transactions belong to each account?

So as you can see here, the account number changes at the top of each table and the transactions within it are specific to the table. I was thinking some sort of V lookup but I'm not really looking up a specific number, it changes with each new table in the workbook.

65x277.png

Upvote 0
And the tables are all on one sheet yes? Are the amount of empty rows in Col A the same between each table? In this case, I count 10 empty cells in Col A from 26350 to 26359.

Upvote 0
Give this a try:

Code:
=IF(AND(OR(A9="Account Number",A9=""),ISNUMBER(B10)),OFFSET(A9,-3,3),IF(AND(LEN(A9)=10,A9<>"",ISNUMBER(B10)),A9,""))

However, this will not work if you are inserting new rows for each new transaction. You would have to refill from the row above the new row and all the way down.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back