Hyperlink ADDRESS questions!

Related1

Hi,

Sorry for all of the pics but if I can't figure this out I surely can't explain it very well!

I'm trying to copy the hyperlink ADDRESSES and have them increase. Not working! I'm trying to avoid having to go into each and every hyperlink and edit the address since I will have well over 200 of these links.1. First I tried by copying the cells. It copies and increases the link but not the actual address.

2dw6vkh.jpg
[/IMG]

When I right click and try to edit the hyperlink address, they all say 013 which was the original hyperlink address.

11rt103.jpg
[/IMG]

2. So then I tried 'Find and Replace' but was unable to 'find' the number 013 within the formula to replace it with the correct number. Nope.

3. So then I tried to create the addresses in a new column but that really did me no good since I would still have to open each instance and change the address.

vyy46.jpg
[/IMG]

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Denise.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Since you have already listed your hyperlinks addresses in column B, select the cells in column A that a have the hyperlink address on their right and run this small code

Code:
Sub addHyperlinks()
Dim iLoop As Long, R As Excel.Range
If TypeOf Selection Is Excel.Range Then
    Set R = Selection
    For iLoop = 1 To Selection.Rows.Count
        ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1), Address:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1).Offset(, 1).Value, TextToDisplay:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1).Value
    Next iLoop
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for your response! Could you explain this to me like I'm a five year old? :)

Since you have already listed your hyperlinks addresses in column B, select the cells in column A that a have the hyperlink address on their right and run this small code

Code:
Sub addHyperlinks()
Dim iLoop As Long, R As Excel.Range
If TypeOf Selection Is Excel.Range Then
    Set R = Selection
    For iLoop = 1 To Selection.Rows.Count
        ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1), Address:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1).Offset(, 1).Value, TextToDisplay:=R.Cells(iLoop, 1).Value
    Next iLoop
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back