IF(AND formula with Dates

amcmlt

Board Regular
Hello, I'm a little frustrated with myself for not being able to find a solution for this issue. In my worksheet, I have a start date (F29) and a completion date (H29) calculated from a task duration time that references a calendar of dates above (T9). The formula I have is: =IF($C29="","",IF(AND(T$9>=$F29,T$9<=$H29),"X","")). Very basic but when I have a start date and completion date that are the same date, the formula enters the "" in to the cell.

I have checked the format for all cells and the setting is correct. What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
What is in C29?

The formula should yield X if And it True.

Upvote 0
No idea. It worked for me copying and pasting your formula. I feed T9, F29, and H29 today's date and put some text in C29 and it gave me "X." One thing you didn't say was if you had T9 in the date of F29 and H29 (or in this case the same date as those 2 cells), but that's important for your formula to work.

Upvote 0
Hello,

If you are working with Actual Dates ...

You should test the Int() function : Int($F29) and Int($H29) ...

HTH

Upvote 0
I agree with you but the formula is not yielding an X in the cell. I have rekeyed the formula but result is the same.

Upvote 0
Would you have he possibility to copy your file ...say ... on Google Drive ...?

Upvote 0
Are you sure they are actual dates in the cells. I know you said you check the format of the cells, but the format will have nothing to do with what is actually in the cells. So if the cell is formatted as General, you should see something like 47895 not 5/24/2018.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back