Import information from my Roster

Ramballah

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello folks,

I will be starting my next college semester next week and so I get a Roster every week. This roster is online on a webpage. I have an okay understanding of excel and VBA and I know that with somethings excel can import the information from a webpage to excel. Which I am looking for because I cannot copy and paste my roster into excel. The reason why I want it in excel is because im working on a project for school aswell and I thought it would be fun to try and get the roster into my excel and mess with some things etc. So i'm just 100% clueless if its even possible to import my roster or something to excel because i cant copy paste it. it looks as the following:
2LuRjP.jpg

Can someone tell me if there is a way that the roster can be made into excel and not doing it manually. If its possible please give me tips or something because im not sure that even when its possible where to start.
Thanks
*EDIT* There is a button that imports my roster into the Calendar app on windows. Im running excel 2016 and i got Excel office 395 idk if its useful

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
if its accessible by the app then windows must be able to do something with it. Not knowing the source it would be impossible to advise. Ask the college, they maybe able to point you

Upvote 0
if its accessible by the app then windows must be able to do something with it. Not knowing the source it would be impossible to advise. Ask the college, they maybe able to point you
Well the thing is, the rosters are made by an external business that specializes in making these things lol. So when I ask a teacher they just say "I don't know anything" also I can't ask any teacher for any excel help because theyr all like standard. So far my excel knowledge is superior to them and im not even that good lmao. Anyway. There is just a button to import it to the windows calendar app. Does that mean it is impossible to import my roster to excel? and if so where would i start?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bump. Please i need serious help so any help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I found a way through an online converted to get the information to excel but from here im still stuck.
What i get in excel through the online converter is this:
mhia5Y.jpg

not sure if this is even the most efficient way? anyway is there a way to convert this file automatically into a correct file? I thought of vlookup or something but appearantly its all into 1 cell. theyr not seperated by columns...

Upvote 0
looks like a CSV file, import into excel from that

Upvote 0
looks like a CSV file, import into excel from that
thanks but now i get this:
OZEsHn.jpg

For the tab: Assigned resources i only need the information: ve3p FCB2A or jo2l FCB2A, This is because FCB2A is the classcode and the other codes are the teachers giving it. dont need that email thing

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back