League table help

Daneshi

Hi, firstly I would like to apologise for possibly not using the correct terminology, but will try and explain this as best as possible.

I am trying to create a "league table" kind of chart that will record the wins/losses/points etc of the members of the league.
It will be used to monitor challenges/matches from up to 25 persons (possibly more in the future). The main problem is that it is not the same a football/sports league as we are not confined to playing eachother a set number of times, it could essentially be an infinite amount of challenges.

I am requiring a macro or even a clever way of taking data that is put into cells to be copied into a larger database (which will obviously need to be copied into the correct cells in the next blank row).

The kind of data I will need to collect is player 1 name, player 2 name, game mode (CTF, Zones, DM), Map (up to 7 at the moment but will be more in the future), player 1 kills, player 2 kills. Then someway of distinguishing who is the winner (I presume the IF function is okay for this ie IF"player1points">"player2points"then award 3 points etc... I would like a button in the area that will then copy this data into the correct chart on a seperate sheet as explained above.

After this I would like a league table (which is the easiest part I guess) but would like a macro that would auto sort the number of wins, then by the overall kills...

Thanks to anyone that looks at this and can provide ANY ideas as to the easiest way to implement all of this, or even an easier way of doing the above. I dont expect anyone to do this for me (I have plenty of time to create the code) but I just need the basis in my mind as which way to go with it.

Thanks everyone, Dan.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back