QUARTILE formula help needed

katrinocka

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am struggling with quartile formula to calculate the selected value in another tab based on the description and grade. In the workbook I have one tab with all the data range based on description (i.e. Maths - A, B, C) and in another tab I need to calculate 3rd quartile for grade A, B and C based on range of data for Maths. I understand that the quartile formula if I were to select grades manually is =QUARTILE(Maths!1:18),3), however, is there a formula that I can automatically set up for it to search quartile for Maths, Geography or any other description and and base it on the grade as well?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Welcome to the MrExcel Board! Could you provide some additional details, please? Information about the structure of your workbook is needed. It appears that you have a sheet named "Maths". Do you have other sheets named by academic subject? Where is the distinction between Maths A, Maths B, and Maths C (perhaps I don't understand this correctly). And are the column structures the same within each worksheet? If possible, please consider installing the XL2BB add-in (see link in my signature block) so that you can share minimal working examples of your worksheets--that facilitates working toward a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back