Two Lists of Contacts within one sheet. Need help sorting to find duplicates/format

Atlanta

HI,

I have received very two lists of contact information that have been combined into one sheet as seen below. I have broken this down into a smaller sample size because each list contaions over 5,000 rows and 20 columns wide. My question is....

Is there a way to sort the list below by Last>First>State so that if there is a duplicate within list 1 and list 2 they would be within the same row side by side. If the contact is unique to only one of the list, the other list would insert a line in the opposite list. Im having a hard time wrapping my head around this concept and have been manually inserting lines and formatting these two lists to that they match up correctly. I have added the desired format below in picture two to give an example.

he3cXp7.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Notice how in this Picture below....
If the contacts match up they will be side by side.
If the contacts have same First and Last, they are sorted by state.
If the contacts are unique, the corresponding row in the other list is populated with an inserted blank row.

ddYiIvf.png
[/URL][/IMG]

So, is there a way to do this through VBA, V-Lookup? Array? Macro? Any help on this would be high appreciated. I've been working on this project for over a month.

You are correct! That's all I had to do!!!

You have saved me many, many days of work with this script. I can't thank you enough for your help.

Thank you so much!!!:)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back