Using INDEX MATCH to target and Return Image

LTSSB

I have created (with a lot of help from this site) a cascading dependent drop down list set. The problem I am having now is I would like to make another INDEX MATCH formula to grab an image that is dependent on the two drop downs. I have been trying for well over 4 hours now and still cannot grasp the concept I guess.

1. Dependent drop downs located (B4,B6 on "Lists" sheet)
  2. Images are located (S96:S330 on "DatTab" sheet
  3. Named range "imgLook" is set as well
  4. I need "C3" on Lists to display image according to dependent drop downs.

This is the code used to make range of cells display data based on drop downs.( Also the formula I have been fighting with to no avail)

=INDEX(DatTab1[[Faction ]:[Heal]],MATCH($B4&B6,"Rank_"&DatTab1[Rank]&DatTab1[Hero],0),MATCH(G3,DatTab1[[#Headers],[Faction ]:[Heal]],0))

So my question is, am I able to either adjust this code to include the images or can I make another INDEX MATCH formula, and if so how?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Welcome to the board.

When you say in step 3 that imgLook is set up as a named range, I assume you mean that it's defined by an INDEX/MATCH formula (maybe the one you listed?) that dynamically points to the right place... you just can't figure out how to get the *image* instead of the *value* from it.

If that's the right interpretation of your dilemma, try these steps:

Step 1: Select any one cell (doesn't matter which one) from S96:S330 on the DatTab sheet and copy the cell using CTRL + C or whatever method you prefer.
Step 2: Select Lists!C3 and paste the copied cell as a linked picture (under Home --> Paste --> Other Paste Options)
Step 3: Select the picture you just pasted in step 2 and type =imgLook in the formula bar

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back