VBA drop down / radio button / function to select ....

spydey

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
So, I am looking for a something simple.

I need to call a macro that displays a window with some options that I will pre-define, for me to select. The selection needs to be stored in a variable which I can then use later in the macro for other purposes.

The issue I am having is that I can't figure out how to do something similar to the input box, but with perhaps a list of the various selectable options.

I really don't want to have it linked to a cell or range. I know I can use the data validation or the combo box, or something similar. But that isn't want I was really going for. I don't really want to create a user form either .... unless I have to, in which case I would just go with the combo box.

I was really hoping to have it not be present until needed, then have it appear, display the selectable options, and once one is selected, save that selection into a variable of some sorts, and no longer be visible.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Any thoughts?

-Spydey

P.S. I guess that maybe I just don't know what it is called. If perhaps I knew what it is called, I could research it a bit more and figure it out on my own.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
As I was thinking through it all, my goal is that once the macro starts, it prompts the user to select from a few different options, and based upon that selection, the macro will go a specific path.

-Spydey

Upvote 0
P.S. I am not looking for a macro perse, just to identify if what I want to do is possible and if so, what is the object I need/want to use called .....

-Spdyey

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back