Convert CoinMarketCap data to Excel

eryksd

Board Regular
I did it once but can't figure it out again...

How do I simply past in the date on the following page, into excel?

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

When I paste it in, the formatting is all messed up (everything in Column A). Tried "Paste Special" and "Text to Columns" but can't get it to look like it does on the website.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Anyone?

I've written VBA code before but can't figure out how to just copy and paste this data without it formatting weird lol.

Upvote 0
I just gave it a shot in Excel 2010 and a simple ctrl C / ctrl V worked fine. Everything lined up in columns.
When I copied I started by selecting/highlighting from the hashtag "#" in the first column on the site all the way down to the "?" for EtherDoge in the last column.

Upvote 0
I just gave it a shot in Excel 2010 and a simple ctrl C / ctrl V worked fine. Everything lined up in columns.
When I copied I started by selecting/highlighting from the hashtag "#" in the first column on the site all the way down to the "?" for EtherDoge in the last column.

On my desktop I was able to do the same, I'm on the road however in another country and on my laptop it just wont work for some reason.

Update: Actually just tried pasting it from Firefox instead of Chrome and it worked, can't believe I didn't think of that yesterday... guess that's why it doesn't always pay to burn the midnight oil :p

Thank you for the feedback, glad to hear it was possible, made me think about it was probably some sort of weird formatting thing with Chrome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back