Drop down list connecting different results from spreadsheets

Spreadsheetsguy

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding drop down lists and how to connect different results on them.

My situation is: I have dozens of different scenarios, imagine something like different income statements and all them will show me specific outputs in the end (e.g., profit, cost, etc)

I would like to create a main spreadsheet where I can select each of this scenario and when I choose it all the results will appear.

It can be in format of a drop down list (where I can choose each scenario) OR I can just fill up the cell with a number and then this result will appear.

I've tried to find something like this on google but I've found only the first step of creating drop down lists..

Any thoughts here?

Best regards

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
This can end up being a very large project. I've done similar by populating a main worksheet with Trial balances and have other columns run through and categorize various items(Vlookups, etc) that would eventually be collected in a Pivot table and then disbursed out to other worksheets.

I've seen Dashboards assembled to do similar.

I would start by building a Main Layout of what you want. Then I would focus on the raw data and how you will compile the particular data into your Main Layout

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back