Excel Invoice System keeps crashing?

jase888

I have created a basic invoice system for a family member - it uses a few macros and a bit of VBA code. All it does it once he has filled out the invoice it copies a few of the details onto a invoice list sheet for the accountant and his records.

However it keeps crashing on his computer and cant use it. On my PC it runs fine and doesnt crash - is this a PC issue im guessing his PC is quite old but runs ok, do Excels with macros require more CPU or Memory?

Any advice appreciated.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Derek Brown

It would be useful if you could give the "spec" of both machines including whether they are 32-bit or 64-bit.
Also, which version of Excel is being used on each.
At what point in the processing does it crash? For example, what is being done and how far does it get.

jase888

It would be useful if you could give the "spec" of both machines including whether they are 32-bit or 64-bit.
Also, which version of Excel is being used on each.
At what point in the processing does it crash? For example, what is being done and how far does it get.
We are both using Excel 2010 and I'm sure both PCS are 64 bit (mine defo is) will check for sure on his tomorrow.

It's when he has deleted a row from the sheet then clicks on a button which is meant to take you back to the home page.

Not sure why it's doing it going to test it tomorrow at his. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas before on why?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondabsher

This Week's Hot Topics