Interrupt and resume execution or something else?

drewg

Board Regular
My project has a Summary sheet that keeps track of 1 to N Material sheets. The Material sheets are copied from templates, imported into the Summary's workbook, and named by the user at run-time from a user form.
The idea is for one workbook to contain the Summary sheet and all its Materials sheets. So there are three buttons on the form, Add a New Material Sheet, Delete a Material Sheet and Edit a Material Sheet. Add and delete work, albeit in im sure a very primitive way, but i am stuck on Edit. When the Edit combobox has the sheet to edit's name selected and rings its changed event, execution moves me to the selected Material sheet for edit, but I cannot do anything!

My untrained perception of the problem is that I'm not allowed to edit the selected worksheet because i am still in the form's process. I *think* i need to interrupt the process so that i can really change the data on the Material sheet, then transfer the result of the change back to the Summary sheet and resume the session.

Good news is that is how i originally set the project up before learning the work process was ad hoc adding and editing from the templates, iow like a batch instead of interactively, so the Material's result range copy and past back to the destination on the Summary sheet work, but I need to move them from where they are and execute them after returning from the edit.

I think my problem is I need a way to break out of the form's process once I land on the sheet to be edited, but then I need to resume the form and when I get back to the Summary sheet so the Material's details get the refreshed results.

I heard about Auto Open and Auto Close macros, but they pertain to Workbook's, not Worksheet's events. How do i seed the worksheet's open event with code that calls its close event so after the edit, execution resumes where we left off in the form back on the Summary sheet?

Sorry for the length, but i want to find out if I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, or there is another less involved way to achieve the objective?
Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back