Pulling a row of data from one sheet to another based on a column value

caldepp

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am creating a large task agenda (a to-do list on steroids) for a large team of individuals. This list will contain three columns: a person, a time and a task. I'd like to have a master sheet with every task regardless of individual or time, but I'd also like to have separate sheets into which data would automatically flow per person. For example, if on the task agenda, John Doe has 35 tasks distributed between a list of 500 tasks, I'd like to create a formula in a separate sheet that could pull each of John Doe's tasks paired with the times (columns 2 and 3) and consolidate them into a specialized, abbreviated list. And, again ideally, I'd hope that if I later added a new task for John Doe to the master sheet, the formula would behave in such a way that it would automatically flow to the new sheet. After experimenting, I'm not sure V-Lookup or INDEX-MATCH functions are the ticket here; maybe they are and I'm simply using them wrong.

Hopefully that makes sense. Any help here would be great.

Caleb

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

See if you can adapt this. If you need more help with it post back with more details of what you are getting stuck on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back